birding-aus

Hillarys Pelagic Seabird Trips - Perth Western Australia

To: birdswa email list <>
Subject: Hillarys Pelagic Seabird Trips - Perth Western Australia
From: "Frank O'Connor" <>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 23:40:18 +0800
   I am organising two pelagic seabird trips from Hillarys Boat Harbour
   in Perth on Sunday 25th June and Sunday 13th August. We head nearly
   60km offshore to the trench west of Rottnest to look for seabirds and
   cetaceans. This is your chance to see albatross and petrels close up.
   Bring your camera. The trip leaves at 7am and we return at about
   3:30pm. There is a limit of 25 people.
   The final cost is yet to be determined.  The cost of the previous boat
   became too high, so I am negotiating with another boat.  The expected
   cost will depend on the number of people. At this stage it looks like
   it will be $75 if 25 people, $80 if 23 people, $85 is 21 people.  This
   will be payable closer to the date.
   Book by contacting Frank O'Connor on  or 08 9386
   5694.
   Albany Pelagic Trips
   I am not planning any trips from Albany.  However, there is a trip
   planned as part of the Birds Australia Congress campout from 21st to
   24th October (probably Saturday 21st).
   Phil Maher from NSW is planning a trip in March 2007, and there will
   be some places available.
   I will be organising a trip as part of the Australasian Ornithological
   Congress in December 2007.
   If you do not wish to be informed of future trips, then please reply
   and I will remove you from the list.

   Frank O'Connor           Birding WA [1]http://birdingwa.iinet.net.au
   Phone : (08) 9386 5694              Email :