birding-aus

Sth Aust literature reference

To: <>, <>
Subject: Sth Aust literature reference
From: "Sandra Henderson" <>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 09:17:27 +1000
Martin - its April 1951.

The article is:
Austin, Claude. Birds of the southern end of Victoria - South Australian
border.  South Australian Ornithologist April 1951 20(2):14-15.
The mention of the Little Quail is on p14
It reads:
Nested near Casterton in 1949-50 in light bracken in open country and I
have observed it during the last two years near Edenhope in similar
country.  As the last two years have been excessively dry, this may
account for its presence so far south, but similar conditions exist
across the South Australian border.

Sandra Henderson