birding-aus

Mallee Safari ~ Part 2

To: "'Keith Stockwell'" <>, <>
Subject: Mallee Safari ~ Part 2
From: "Bob Cook" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:44:42 +1000
Keith

After your comment, I checked the new Atlas to confirm what I thought, i.e.
Eastern Rosella is not to be expected where you were in Northern Mallee
country.  I have never seen them much West of about Swan Hill along or North
of the Murray, or in Hattah or Murray-Sunset NP's.  I notice that there were
Atlas sightings further South in the S.A. south east, but not up as far as
the Murray.

White-necked Heron I also would consider pretty rare right up this way,
although I have seen one occasionally on the Mildura WW Treatment Plant
lagoon.

Bob Cook
Mildura  VIC.
0427 266 770