birding-aus

Re:Over 7000 honeyeaters per hour

Subject: Re:Over 7000 honeyeaters per hour
From: Chris Ross <>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:00:23 +1000
I was in the Royal NP last Monday on the Curra Moors track and there was a group of 10-20 passing through every few minutes, mainly yellow faced HE as far as I could tell. During a 20 minute survey on the cliff tops I estimate about 200-300 passed through all heading north along the coast. The New Holland HEs were busy foraging and took little notice of the birds heading north. I stood still in the path of one flock and they flew right by me, some less than a metre away.

regards,

Chris Ross
Helensburgh NSW.