birding-aus

Gwydir Park TSR, Sunday

Subject: Gwydir Park TSR, Sunday
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:18:57 +1000

I spent a very pleasant Sunday morning, birding in and around the Gwydir Park
TSR (c.40kms West of Uralla NSW), one of my favourite haunts.
Highlights were a male Hooded Robin in an area where I had not seen one before,
and c. 6 Plum-headed Finches in a flock of Red-brows beside the Gwydir River.
Also of interest: Striped Honeyeater, Black-chinned Honeyeater, Brown-headed
Honeyeater, Speckled Warbler, Azure Kingfisher, and the apparent general
replacement of the White-throated Treecreepers (only one heard!) by Browns
(usually only one or two seen).  The Ironbarks seemed to be preparing to
blossom.
John Clifton-Everest