birding-aus

List Management

To: birding aus <>
Subject: List Management
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:42:11 +1100
Hi Everyone

Three small points that I should bring to your attention:

1. Many people are having messages bounce because their email programs send the message in BOTH plain text and Rich Text Format (RTF) or HTML. You might like to check your settings in Outlook, Eudora, Entourage, or whatever mailer you use and make sure that it is set to plain text only. The problem is that longer messages sent in two formats are too big to fit through the 20Kb limit. I've imposed this limit because it prevents a lot of spam and possibly viruses as well.

2. Vicnet is switching its listserver software from majordomo to MailMan. Nothing much will change apart form the way you need to subscribe or unsubscribe:

TO SUBSCRIBE

Send an email to:

 . In the body or subject of the email type

subscribe

You will then receive an email back asking for confirmation. Click the link
 contained in the email, Fill in your real name and confirm and you
 will be subscribed.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE

Send an email to:

 . In the body or subject of the email type

unsubscribe

You will then receive an email back asking for confirmation. Click the link
 contained in the email, Fill in your real name and confirm and you
 will be subscribed.

You can also subscribe / unsubscribe by sending me an email - the management of the list should be a lot smoother after the new system fires up.

3.  AFL FOOTY TIPPING

Yes, this is running again this year - if you'd like to be part of the Birding-Aus Tipping Competition, please email me asap and I'll set you up in our system.
No prizes of course - just bragging rights only.

Cheers

Russell

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Owner