birding-aus

Broome & Beyond

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Broome & Beyond
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:43:58 +1000

When we were in Broome 2004 we met this delightful Belgium family.  Frieder was about 12 then and he became our very good friend, he was a keen birder with young quick eyes.  We have remained in contact and below is the last email I received.

I have not been on the Gibb River Road, I would recommend Parry Lagoon , I also remember a caravan Park at Derby where birds abound.  Timber Creek and where else.  I will see if Ricky Couglan's blog are still available but if anyone has more detail please forward it to me

Hello,

My parents and I are planning to visit the Broome observatory again. We've been there 2 years ago.

We'll  arrive at 29th of June. We think to stay one week and then head for cape Leveque for 1 week and return for another week in the observatory.(maybe u can join us ...)

Later we will take the Gibb River road and discover nature (& birds+wildlife) along the gorges.  Via Kununurra we'll travel to Darwin

And .... you've been to a special bay around Wyndham with a lot of birds and stuff.

Can u give us some information about it and maybe some secret spots ^.^

From 3 aug we'll arrive in Cairns Queensland for two dive trips and in between visit the lush environment of Atherton Tableland.  This time we intend to spend more then a week over there.  Any tips aside from King Fisher lodge?  Is Port Douglas interesting for birds?

A lot of questions but I'm sure you can help us out.

See you

Frieder...

Shirley Cameron
Werribee