birding-aus

RFI. Knowsley State Forest (Bendigo area)

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI. Knowsley State Forest (Bendigo area)
From: "Marlene Lyell" <>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:04:52 +1100
Hi All,

   Having recently moved to Axedale, I've been out four times over the last
fortnight into the Knowsley State Forest with some interesting sightings
including Red-capped Robin, White-browed & Masked Woodswallows, Crested
Shrike-tit;  Blue-faced, Fuscous, Brown-headed, Black-chinned, Yellow-tufted
and White-plumed Honeyeaters. There's a couple of dams that I've found so
far, one with a group of 8 Australasian Grebe on it. A fleeting glance at a
possible Speckled Warbler then it disappeared, vanished!   45 species in
all.

   Just wondering if any birding-ausers might have any information on the
Knowsley SF.  Nothing in the archives at all.  I intend to check out the
forest regularly, so any information, particularly at other times of the
year, would be very welcome.

If anyone would like a full list I'm happy to provide it.

Thanks to all and happy birding

Marlene.