birding-aus

sparrows

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: sparrows
From: "Terry Bishop" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:12:47 +1100
No, plenty of Galahs around. I do mean Pink Cockatoos with the red and yellow headbands on their crest. I have not seen or heard them for a couple of days but Wednesday and Thursday are bad days as they mow the grass for cricket practice on most Thurs arvos in Machin Park. Sometimes I hear but do not see them in the large trees in the yards up the Franklin Road hill. I assume the drought has driven them further East than their normal range. Can't get close enough to take any photos at present as my SLR with 500mm lens is broken and stuck with crappy digital camera.

Terry B

---- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Gross" <>