birding-aus

sec: unclas Vacancies on BAYBOCA outing to Mud Islands (VIC) 25 Febru

To: <>
Subject: sec: unclas Vacancies on BAYBOCA outing to Mud Islands (VIC) 25 February
From: "Tania Ireton" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:11:22 +1100
We have several vacancies on the BAYBOCA outing to Mud Islands in southern Port
Phillip Bay, Victoria, scheduled for this Saturday, 25th February (details
below).  Bookings are essential.  I can be contacted by email or on the phone
numbers below.  This is a not-for-profit trip, the money just covers the hire
of the boat and the marine biologists.

Regards,
Tania

Meet at the Portsea Pier (Melway map 156 E 2) at 9 am.  We are being picked up
around 9.30 am and will be dropped off again about 4 pm.  People will need to
be prepared to wade into Mud Islands from the boat, but it should not be more
than knee-deep.  Bring lunch, sunscreen and shoes for wading as Mud Islands is
actually three sand islands and we will be wading between them.  We will have a
marine biologist from the Queenscliff Marine Discovery Centre to explain the
ecology of the island.  If the wind is too strong for the trip to proceed, we
will visit an alternate birding location on the Mornington Peninsula.
NOTE: THE TRIP WILL ***NOT*** BE CANCELLED FOR TOTAL FIREBAN.
Cost $35 for adults, $25 for children under 13 years.  Maximum 36 people each
trip.
Bookings : Tania on (03) 9282 5080 (work) or (03) 9583 2175 (home).