birding-aus

Harold Pollock

To: bird <>
Subject: Harold Pollock
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 05:58:04 +1000

Can any birding-aus subscriber help me with this?

Harold Pollock made wildlife films and had books with recordings of Australian birds and animals published by Jacaranda Press in the 1960s and '70s.  I'd like to track down the present copyright holder.

I contacted Tom Clouston  (Clouston & Hall, Canberra Booksellers) whose father Brian Clouston started Jacaranda Press, and he advised:

As the copyright holder is the author, Harold J Pollock, the publisher doesn't really get a look in. Copyright lasts for the term of the author's life plus fifty years after his death. In this case you will need permission from the author himself, if he is still alive, or from his estate. How you get in touch, I haven't a clue and I doubt anyone at Jacaranda Press would know either.

Anyone know anything of Harold Pollock or his estate if he has passed on?

Syd Curtis