birding-aus

capturing calls from tape into computer

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: capturing calls from tape into computer
From: Jeremy Robertson <>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:57:49 +1030
A good cross platform and free program is Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. On Macs the industry standard is the expensive Bias Peak http://www.bias-inc.com/ software though the very powerful and cheap Amadeus II http://www.hairersoft.com/Amadeus.html is also well worth look as it includes the ability to produce sonograms. For detailed analysis check out Raven from Cornell University http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp/raven/Raven.html

Jeremy Robertson