birding-aus

Little Stint seen at Cheetham Welands on Saturday, 4/2

To: "Rob Quinan" <>
Subject: Little Stint seen at Cheetham Welands on Saturday, 4/2
From: knightl <>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 17:44:15 +1000
G'day Rob,

Did you manage to see the bird in flight?  According to Pizzey and
Knight, the white wing bar doesn't diffuse onto the primaries in the
case of Little Stints. Looking at my photographs, the diffusion of the white wingbar onto the primaries is quite prominent in Red Necked
Stints - so if you suspect a Little Stint, it might help if you get a
photograph or a good view when it flies off.

Regards, Laurie.