birding-aus

RFI Tasmania

Subject: RFI Tasmania
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:32:34 EST
Hi Everybody

As another couple of British birders coming over to Australia soon can I ask for information on Tasmania. We have downloaded various trip reports and have Thomas & Thomas so we have made a start, but any current information on endemics or scarcer birds would be much appreciated.

Could we also ask for comments on the flight down to Melaleuca for Orange-bellied Parrot, e.g. would we be too late as we don't arrive in Tassie until 1st March. And how good is the birding from The Spirit of Tasmania from Devonport to Melbourne, (daytime sailing!).

As I say, any information would be very welcome.

Cheers

Keith Beswick