birding-aus

binos

Subject: binos
From: "Damien Farine" <>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 11:39:31 +1100
Last November I bought some Bushnell Powerview 8x42s from Camerahouse:

http://www.camerahouse.com.au/products/ProductPreview.aspx?productID=1208&productName=Powerview%208%20x%2042%20Compact%20Binocular

These were $179 with a free pair of Bolle sunglasses! I was a bit sceptical when I tried them, however I found that they are light, clear and nice to hold. They served me in great stead on my recent NZ trip on both land and water.

I can tell that they are nowhere near the quality of your $700+ bins... but for the price I find them damn good! Definitely a great step up from my chunky 10x50 bushmasters :)

Cheers,
Damien
By the beach in Wollongong.