birding-aus

Little Stint at Altona Saltworks, Melbourne, Victoria

To: <>
Subject: Little Stint at Altona Saltworks, Melbourne, Victoria
From: "John Harris" <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:03:15 +1100
Dear B-A's
I wanted to go and see the Lt Stint on Wednesday so I contacted the Parks
Victoria rangers at Pt Cook Coastal Park. I asked him about the location of the
stint and whether it would be possible to come and see it.  The ranger was
reserved about the info he gave, saying that he preferred that he took groups
of birders to see it rather than individuals all going to see it.

He has a group organised on Monday next week and is on duty saturday next week
(4th Feb) when he would be willing to take birders to see it.

I would suggest that anybody wanting to see the bird should contact the rangers
at the park (03 93949100) first so as not to get them offside as I believe the
area the stint has been seen is off limits to the public.

I am hoping it will still be around on the 4th.

Regards

John Harris
Environmental Education Officer
Donvale Christian College