birding-aus

Submitting data - Atlas of Victorian Wildlife

Subject: Submitting data - Atlas of Victorian Wildlife
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:43:32 +1100

A brief note for the list.

I have had a few calls on my voicemail from birdos wishing to submit their observations to the Atlas of Victorian Wildlife (AVW).

The AVW welcomes all observations of any vertebrate recorded in Victoria and has both paper recording sheets and excel spreadsheets for this purpose.  The atlas prefers the use of spreadsheets, as these can be submitted by email.

If any list members are not currently submitting their observations to the atlas then I'm happy to assist in getting record sheets or spreadsheets to them.

Remember, your sightings contribute to our knowledge of the status and distribution of fauna in Victorian and assist in the better management of our natural heritage.

Feel free to contact me directly during business hours.

cheers, Martin

Martin O'Brien
Threatened Species & Communities Section
Department of Sustainability and Environment
2/8 Nicholson St. (PO Box 500), East Melbourne  3002

Tel: 9637 9869
(prefixes: Interstate 03 International 613)