birding-aus

White-throated Needletails in NSW

To: alan morris <>,
Subject: White-throated Needletails in NSW
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 13:26:59 +1100 (EST)
Just adding that the HHB had WtNeedletails high up over Telegherry SF during the Twitchathon (so I'll back you up on yours at Allyn R, David).

Actualy, the birds that we most noticed absent from some usually reliable sites were White-browed and Masked Woodswallows. Have these birds stayed further inland this year? I think the WOW recorded them both (as well as Black-faced) and Alan reported Masked from the Barradine trip. In previous years (though not on the Twitchathon) we've had WbW and MW over the Barringtons in large-ish flocks.

Mick

alan morris <> wrote:
Hi Birders,

While I have seen some notes about White-throated Needletails in SE
Queensland, I think that I am right in saying that so far none have been
reported in NSW this spring.

I am therefore able to report that during the Twitchathon, Mike Barth of the
Central Coast Champions saw 1 at Baradine (S 30 56 48 E 149 04 16) , and
later that same day we saw 5+ at the western side of Merriwindi SF, Kennebri
(S 30 46 28, E 148 57 18), and then again 2 at Baradine later that same
afternoon.

Tim Morris reports seeing a small flock at Clybucca (S 30 56 35, E 152 56
32)on 1/11/05.

Alan Morris