birding-aus

Gerygones in SA

Subject: Gerygones in SA
From: "Peter Ewin" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:55:12 +1000
I was helping undertake aerial duck surveys in Victoria, SA and NSW last week, when we stopped for a brief time at Kingston SE, south of the Coorong in SA, an area I had never been to before. We were doing an article for Stateline SA - not certain if it was shown, but I would have been the one in the back of the plane. While walking to the Big Rock Lobster for coffee, I heard a White-throated Gerygone calling. Seeing many of the other birds around looked familiar to coastal NSW I didn't pay much attention. However, while organising my notes this evening, I see from both HANZAB and Schodde and Mason, that this is outside the normal range for this species. Not certain how significant it is (it looks like tghey may be irregular in the area) but I thought it might be helpful for SA records. If anyone is interested I can give further details.
Cheers,
Peter