birding-aus

More good birds at Gluepot

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: More good birds at Gluepot
From: "Peter Waanders" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:27:42 +0930
Hi all
Running the risk of starting to sound like a broken record I thought I'd
update you on what I found yesterday at Birds Australia Gluepot Reserve
('Gluepot') - birding from first light to mid-afternoon. Excellent views of
a male singing Red-lored Whistler, with another newly arrived male singing
nearby. Quite a few Gilberts Whistlers; a pair of Black-eared Miner now
sitting on eggs (at my last visit about a fortnight ago they were putting
the final touches to the nest); 2 Shy Heathwrens; 8species of Honeyeater
including Striped and Pied; two Southern Scrub-robins, three Chestnut
Quail-thrushes; a White-browed Treecreeper; and pair of White-winged
Triller. Crimson Chats have also been reported by 2 observers. While the
yellow-flowering Senna, which forms the main understory species, has now
finished flowering, in more open areas the eremophilas have come into bloom.
More rain is forecasted, so it should stay good birding for a while yet!
Check my website below for Gluepot & other SA info.

Cheers

Peter Waanders
Waikerie, South Australia

SA Birding: http://www.sabirding.com