birding-aus

New birds at Bowra.

To: "birds" <>
Subject: New birds at Bowra.
From: "Mrs Julie Lynn McLaren" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:52:11 +1000
Great excitement here yesterday, {Bowra, Cunnamulla, S.W.Qld.}  a Painted Snipe at the little lagoon at the quarters.
We've added 3 new species here in the last few weeks, Fuscous Honeyeater, Gilbert's Whistler and the P. Snipe. Ian's personal list is over 200, {compiled over 30 years} but the one we've been compiling from visitors sightings for 5 years has now reached 196.
Great views of a pair of Grey Falcons in the last week as well as Ground Cuckoo- shrikes and Black-eared Cuckoos. A flock of about 12 Bourke's Parrots seen during the week as well.
Watched Mallee Ringnecks entice their fledglings out of a hollow in a tree at our back door. The female making beautiful soft little sounds as she tried to lure them out.
Julie.