birding-aus

Plumed Whistling-Ducks at Finley, NSW Riverina

To: "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: Plumed Whistling-Ducks at Finley, NSW Riverina
From: "David Parker" <>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 22:37:59 +1000

Hello all,

After spending the day searching for, and not finding, Swift Parrots in the Riverina area of NSW, I made a stop off at Finley Lake, on the outskirts of Finley, NSW. Thinking I would simply be adding a few birds to the list of species observed for the day I was amazed to find that one species I would be adding as a result of the stop was that of Plumed Whistling-Duck.

Thirteen birds were observed to be present, all on a small island across from the main car park (closest to the toilets). My initial sighting was of four birds standing on the small jetty. Scanning the grassy island a further nine were counted.

A great way to end a top day of bird watching!

Cheers

David Parker

Deniliquin, NSW