birding-aus

4 more lifers

To: Tom Tarrant <>
Subject: 4 more lifers
From: Michael Todd <>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 19:59:21 +1000
Hello Tom,

Generally speaking your point is a good one, but in this particular case I don't think that there is any cause for concern.

In the wild Golden-shouldered Parrots are very restricted in range and numbers- the area involved is very well known. In captivity they are becoming a fairly common aviary bird. There are far more GSP in captivity than in the wild. I think they are an unlikely poaching target.

Cheers

Mick

Michael Todd Wildlifing Images & Sounds of Nature
Latest Additions: Awaba's Masked Owls
www.wildlifing.com
Toronto, NSW, Australia 04101 23715

Tom Tarrant wrote:

Hi John,
Congratulations on your success in North Qld but can you try to be a bit less specific with your locations, a couple of years ago I spoke to a Qld detective working with the EPA who informed me that they are aware of 'bird-smugglers' who watch Birding-Aus for this kind of information.
Tom