birding-aus

RFI Powerful Owl Melbourne Botanic Gardens

Subject: RFI Powerful Owl Melbourne Botanic Gardens
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:50:25 +1000
In a fortnight's time we have arranged to take an overseas visitor birding. He really wants to see a Powerful Owl and I note that one has been seen recently in the Botanic Gardens. This would be a good start for the day if we could find the bird, before heading down to Pt.Addis/Airey's Inlet for Rufous Bristlebird. I would be very grateful for info on finding the RBG bird, or a likely site for another along our route down towards Anglesea . Unfortunately we won't have time to look for the POwl in the Yarra Valley in the Heidelberg area as well as hunting for Bristlebirds as we have only one day.
Anthea Fleming
Ivanhoe, Vic.