birding-aus

RFI Canberra/Superb Parrots

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI Canberra/Superb Parrots
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:54:40 +1000
Hi
I will be visiting Canberra during the 2nd week of July on a short family
holiday.  I am sure that, weather permitting, I will be able to get a few
walks and birding related activities in.  Can anyone recommend good spots
for birding - esp. if not on the Canberra Ornithologists web site.  We are
staying fairly centrally (Kingston).

Also, I intend to divert homewards (to Sydney) via
Yass/Boorowa/Canowindra/Cowra looking for Superb Parrots (as per advice in
the Birding-Aus archives).  Are they likely to be there at this time of
year - if so, are there any particular "hotspots" that I should look out
for?
Many thanks
Cheers
Tom Wilson