birding-aus

Mallee Fowl sightings

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Mallee Fowl sightings
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:11:14 +0930
A birding highlight of the recent long weekend was a visit on the Monday to
Mt Boothby Conservation Park in the upper South East of South Australia.

This park is about 20km SW of Coonalpyn and is dominated by mallee and
banksia. This was burnt in a bushfire in 1982 but has shown great
regeneration since.

We were delighted to see no less than 6 Mallee Fowl, including a group of
five in  a neighbouring paddock. We attempted to take some digital photos,
but as it was after sunset, they are not as clear as we would have liked. It
was a great way to end the weekend.

Trevor Hampel