birding-aus

Pitt town buschell's lagoon.

Subject: Pitt town buschell's lagoon.
From: b ferdin <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 03:34:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I had a good time this afternoon around Pitt town NW Sydney.

Water levels are dropping at Pitt town lagoon uncovering a large mudflat. There are good numbers of red-keened and black fronted dotterels. The Sharpie was still present but it looked in a bit of sad state. That's maybe why it stayed behind.

On the lagoon there where 13 freckled ducks, 20 pink eared and 20 australian shovelers amongst good numbers of teal. 3 hoary headed grebes. 1 glossy ibis.

In the reed there were little flocks of chesnut breasted mannikins and the usual red browed.

We didn't get the native hen's Edwin saw here the past few weeks.

I then drove along pitt town bottoms road. There were good number of raptors around. 4 Black shouldered kite, 3 whistling kites, 1 Marsh harrier, 2 nankeen kestrels, peregrine falcon and Brown goshawk.

The I went to check out Bushell's lagoon. Water levels here are also low but not as low as in Pitt town. Ray and mary I did get my native hens. there were two of them at bushell's lagoon. Two lovely horsfield's Bronze cuckoo's were feeding on grub in the tree's.

I took some picture but the lighting conditions weren't optimal today. Hopefully some turned out so I can post on my site.

Cheers,

Bram Ferdinande

Discover Yahoo!