birding-aus

Red-lored Whistler

Subject: Red-lored Whistler
From: "Fiona Anderson" <>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 16:29:18 +1000
Again thank you to the birders who helped with locations for this target species for Klaus and me. Again it took us 3 attempts as the target area in Murray Sunset National Park was very quiet. We realised that late April is not the best time to look but this was the only opportunity we had. Gilbert's Whistler was easier to find although it was not a new bird for either of us. Also this bird seemed to respond to tapes of the Red-lored Whistler.

We were finally successful in getting good views of the Red-lored Whistler about 8 km west of Wymlet Tank on the southern side of Honeymoon Track. Again we had started birding at dawn bit it was after 10am when we located it. The Shy Heathwren (new to me but not Klaus) was in the same general area.

Thank you,
Fiona Anderson