birding-aus

pitt town lagoon and mitchell park

To: <>
Subject: pitt town lagoon and mitchell park
From: "Ferdinande,Bram,SYDNEY,GLOBE Center AOA" <>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:47:39 +1000

We went to check out pitt town lagoon on sunday 03/04/2005.

Double barred finch 2
Zebra finch 2
Nutmeg mannakins 30+
redbrowed finch 2
Hoary headed grebe 1
Australasian gebe 8
Common coot 100+
Blackfronted dottrel 8
Red-kneed dottrel 8
straw-necked ibis 1
Great white egret 5
Cattle egret 5
Golden headed cisticola 5
Clamorous reed warbler 1
Hardhead 5
Pink-eared duck 10+
Shoveler 8
sacred kingfisher 1
Chesnut teal
Grey teal
Butcherbird

I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the common species.

Thanks the Keith Brandwood for giving me the directions to pitt town lagoon.

Then we went to Mitchell park. It was fairly quiet appart from a few jetskis who were racing at high speed on the creek.

one rose robin very far down rainforest walk
Olive backed oriole 10+
Golden whistler 1
Rufous whistler 1
Bell miners always lots present
King parrot 6
Butcherbird

Stayed to spotlight at Michell park

White throated nightjar 1
Frogmouth 1
Nankeen Nightheron 1

Ring tailed possum 4
Brush tailed possum 2
Undefined rat looked like it had a white line on the underside of the tail.

Cheers,

Bram Ferdinande

www.keeponbirding.com