birding-aus

RE: Fuel Reduction Burning

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: RE: Fuel Reduction Burning
From: "Simon Mustoe" <>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:32:48 +1000
Oh, I wish people would read emails before responding with criticism : )

Laurie, I did not say fuel reduction burning would stop. Neither did I say it should stop - quite the opposite in fact. But nonetheless, the matter cannot lawfully continue without a Federal assessment.

Clearly you would agree that if our attitude is that it won't make a difference, then nothing would ever get done would it?

Oh, and Mike Norris. Clearly my email in no way denegrates the value of the Atlas. Quite the opposite in fact. Again, it is wise to read and understand emails before getting off the point, which is...

Do we or do we not all agree that the main point is that fuel reduction at present levels is NOT a good thing for wildlife, that it IS unlawful, it SHOULD be stopped (at least temporarily) and it SHOULD continue, but ONLY AFTER an appropriate management plan that guarantees community interest and biodiversity is secured. If so, can we hear this, and avoid detracting from those issues. This is really important.

I am going to say no more on the matter.

Cheers,

Simon.