birding-aus

Indian spine tailed swift

Subject: Indian spine tailed swift
From: "Peter Ewin" <>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:04:32 +1000
The cynic in me would say that the bypass goes east because public land is cheaper and easier to purchase and destroy, though knowing Bulahdelah part of the real reason may be that much more of the land west of town is low-lying and probably flood prone and hence more expensive and damaging to river flows than east of town.
Cheers,
Peter