birding-aus

access BUSHELS LAGOON

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: access BUSHELS LAGOON
From: "Keith Brandwood" <>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:58:27 +1100
Gaday Carol and others, Brewers Lane is a public road according to Hawkesbury Council and you should inform any one who tells you different so.The rd across the lagoon is actually an illegal rd but it as been there for so long its there to stay. As long as you remain this side of the lagoon and don't block access for vehicles entering and exiting the gate at the bottom of Brewers Lane you are within your rights to bird there. There is a better alternative for entry to the lagoon at the other end of the lagoon off Argyle Reach Rd. Enter through the first gate you come to on your right after passing the last brick house on the right and before you come to the derelict house again on the right. The rd to the lagoon is partly a cow track after it leaves the rd proper that swings to the right to a house on top of a hill overlooking the lagoons. You go through a couple of gates or you can roll under the barbed wire, ok if you're small like me. The property you are walking through belongs to the Smith family, my neighbours since I moved to my new home a couple of weeks ago. Dennis Smith is the name to give to any one who challenges you when on this property. I overlook the lagoon from my new home. Carol was that you who was there about 5.30 last night I was watching you through my scope.

keith b the beautiful Hawkesbury 60km N/W of Sydney