birding-aus

FW: enquiry

To: <>
Subject: FW: enquiry
From: "Karen Mak" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:28:19 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Mak [
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:01 PM
Subject: enquiry

Dear Sir

I live in the Cammeray area, above Tunks Park on the North Shore.

I have lived here for 2 years and in front of my house is a small gully and on the side is a small reserve.  Each morning there is a bird or a pair of birds that wake me up with a beautiful tune.  I have been trying to see what it looks like but can never see it.  I asked many neighbours if they know the name of the bird and nobody seems to be interested.

To my last resort, some friends suggest that I should approach the bird watching society and experts like yourself might be able to help me identify the bird.

Over email, I cannot hum the specific tune it sings or they sing but over the phone I will be able to give you a rough idea.  If you can please help me and give me a call on 9460 1446 or 0413 103 813.  Alternatively, you can reply to my email and provide me with your number so that I can call you.

I am so appreciative of the birds each morning when I wake up to its calling.

Thank you for your attention
Karen Mak