birding-aus

Latest date to worldbirdinfo March 6

To: <>
Subject: Latest date to worldbirdinfo March 6
From: "John Penhallurick" <>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 16:59:40 +1100
Dear friends,
Just to let you know that I have sent the update for my website,http://worldbirdinfo.net
 If you check the "Available" page you will see the date is
6 March 2005.
I have contnuued to add more species in the STERNIDAE, and have the THamnophilidae complete down the end of Cercomacra.
You will find the correct form of the generic name of the Golden Parakeet Guaruba guarouba.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet prodded my programmer to display everything I want, so I'll paste the note re Guaruba here:
!Note:On page 210,Lesson used the generic spelling "Guarouba";on page 211,in the name "Guaruba lutea", Lesson,1830,used a different spelling from that on page 210. Lesson himself,in his "Table par ordre alphabétique",published later, serves as first reviser, and on page 654 clearly chooses Guaruba as the correct spelling.

I'm shortly off for 7 weeks birding the lenght and breadth of Mexico, so there probably won't be more updates for a while.

Emjoy!

John

John Penhallurick
Home: 86 Bingley Cres,FRASER,A.C.T. 2615,AUSTRALIA
Phone: (61 2) 62585428
Mobile: 0408 585 428
Mail:P.O.Box 3469,BMDC,BELCONNEN, A.C.T. 2617
Please visit my website at:
http://worldbirdinfo.net