birding-aus

NZ & PNG

Subject: NZ & PNG
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:32:47 +1000
Hi All
I hesitated before posting this request (an unusual occurence for me!)
then decided 'what the hell, you never know!'

I am planning a trip to NZ for 3 weeks in May and there is the
possibility of a 2 week trip to PNG in late winter.
I am currently researching trip reports & web sites, but do not as yet
have any bird books. I have been lent Beeler's book on Birds of PNG and
a photographic guide and am expecting to take possession of Heather and
Robertson's Guide to Birds of NZ - (both thanks to Tom & Marie Tarrant,
thankyou!)
I am, however, interested in seeing if anyone out there has a
          'where to find birds in NZ' (Chambers for example?) or
          a CD of bird calls of either NZ or PNG or
          Beeler's birds of PNG? or
          any other identification books that may be worthwhile,
            for sale?

I know it's a long shot and, probably, if I had one, I wouldn't sell it,
but ... you never know!!

and Yes, I have looked at E-bay, Amazon, Andrew Isles etc, and may use
one of them eventually.. just thought I'd give YOU a chance to off load
that book that is no use to you anymore...............

Pls email me off line - we'll keep it a secret between us..

Cheers,
--
  Colin Reid

So many birds, so little time......