birding-aus

collared sparrowhawk/brown goshawk

To: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Subject: collared sparrowhawk/brown goshawk
From: "Gary Wright" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:02:14 +1030
Bob

thanks for the ID table for these two.  Very handy to have it all in one spot, I have wanted to get on top of these for some time.  I knew some of these, but  not all.  I am being over-run by accipiters at the moment as besides this bird chasing the crested pigeon this morning on my run, I flushed two others.

Also at the  local bowling club there are a pair of collared sparrowhawks making the ki ki noise incessantly, which I have to check out and see if they are nesting.  I ID'd them on square tail and size.

Once again thanks for the table

Gary Wright