birding-aus

Bateman's Bay bird hot spots?

Subject: Bateman's Bay bird hot spots?
From: Michael Todd <>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:41:50 +1100
Hello all,

Next weekend I'm going to be doing a bit of a whirlwind trip down the south coast of NSW, probably as far south as Bateman's Bay. I will have to head back north again on the Sunday via Canberra. There are a few places that I had in mind to look at and I thought I might ask for some advice or latest info. Funds are a bit thin so if anyone has any good ideas for free spots to camp that would be great. :

Barren Grounds- Is there anywhere that you can camp here? I haven't visited this spot for years, I know its no longer run by Birds Australia.

Morton NP (Little Forest Plateau). This spot rated some favourable dispatches in the birding-aus archives. Where exactly is the plateau?

Murramarang NP- Any recommended good spots around here? I gather that there are some very friendly Grey Roos here which I might try to photograph.

Any recommended spots between Bateman's Bay and Canberra?

Thanks in advance for any info or advice.

Cheers

Mick

Mick Todd
Toronto, NSW, Australia