birding-aus

Werribee

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Werribee
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:18:49 +1100

The Werribee Wagtails had a very successful outing to Pinkerton Forest, near the Melton Sewerage Plant, on the Werribee River, down stream from Exford Weir.

Our final count was 40 species.

Some members were able to add new birds to their lists; Diamond Firetails, White-winged Trillers; Zebra Finches were all there.

These small remnants of forest are very important corridors for the birds.

The Western Treatment Plant is packed with birds and well worth a visit.

I have been going through computer up-grade (new computer has again crashed! Thank goodness for Dell, my lap-top) and going onto cable.

Please note my new address

Regards,

Shirley C.

Werribee 3030