birding-aus

Capertee Valley

To: "birding-aus, birding-aus" <>
Subject: Capertee Valley
From: John Clifton-Everest <>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:52:44 +1100
I returned yesterday from a couple of days in the Capertee Valley, where Carol Probets generously allowed me to camp on her wonderfully bird-rich land.
Highlights were:
Regent Honeyeaters (up the Rylstone Road)
Rainbow Bee-eaters (nesting?) just beyond the junction on the Road to Glen Alice
Painted Honeyeater (a single female) at Coco Creek
Painted Button-quail (heard but not seen)
Fine views of Collared Sparrowhawk
Turquoise Parrots (five drinking together at the dam)
juvenile Diamond Firetails and Yellow-tufted Honeyeaters -- evidence of successful breeding!

John Clifton-Everest