birding-aus

Buff-banded Rail in North Adelaide

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Buff-banded Rail in North Adelaide
From: Philip Griffin <>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:56:16 -0500
18th November 2004  - 0900hr

Saw a bird scurrying around in some dry grass
in the (quite small) triangle of land bordered by Fitzroy
Terrace, Prospect Road and Main North Road.

On closer inspection it proved to be an adult
Buff-banded Rail and was seen quite clearly
for several minutes before it took brief evasive flight.

I didn't want to be responsible for making it fly
into the path of an oncoming car (all very busy roads
at that time of day) so I didn't follow it any further.

It's certainly the first one I've seen there.

Philip Griffin