birding-aus

RFI: Phillip Island (Vic)

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI: Phillip Island (Vic)
From: "Marlene Lyell" <>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:15:44 +1100
Hi All,
Wondering if anyone would have current information regarding access to Observation Point please?. Reading through the archives gives me the impression that it is now "off limits" to the general public. We're taking a visiting American down there next Wednesday to see the Penguin Parade, but will be scouting around the island all day. I hope to find a Red Knot at Ob.Pt! If access is still available, I would wish to visit at high tide, which is also recommended in the archives. Looking at a map and the tide chart for Port Phillips Heads , I have presumed that high tide at Rhyll would be about the same as PPH (on Wednesday 0957 allowing for Daylight Saving time) or a tad earlier maybe.
Anyone with more accurate information please?.
Thanks to all who have posted reports for Phillip Island. Great resource.
Thanks and happy birding
Marlene.