birding-aus

Satin BowerBirds - sexing? /& other notes

To: <>
Subject: Satin BowerBirds - sexing? /& other notes
From: <>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:36:54 +1100
I don't know but would like to know about the age and sex of the last satin
bowerbird I saw. 'either female or very young male'. It had dark brown eyes
without a hint of blue. A regular garden bird at Malacoota.

PS. Re numbers of birdwatchers in Australia. The only way to compare is to find
out how the British counted their birdwatchers. It's clear from previous
discussion that you wouldn't include me, I have a bird website but no club
membership or Pizzey or even bins. I don't even think of birds in winter. I'm
sure that Australia has proportionately more birders than Britain.

David Paterson