birding-aus

[no subject]

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
From: (Majordomo)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:35:32 +1000 (EST)
[203.31.111.242])
        by mx1.mail.iig.com.au (Postfix) with SMTP id 846502AFB6
        for <>; Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:02:41 +1000 (EST)
From: "Del Richards" <>
To: <>
Subject: Re:  Black-necked Stork:
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:52:58 +1000

Many thanks to Greg Clancy for his illuminating notes regarding the =
Black-necked Stork and Latham. I had always wondered who was resposible
=
for doing this regal species the terrible injustice of naming it as =
such. Latham must have had good reason for doing so. As I guide
overseas =
visitors, quite often they are taken aback with the somewhat cheap =
(colour) reference to this iconic bird that sports an irridecense not =
readily encountered in any other species. And I feel a little bit
guilty =
about because I do not have a reasonable answer for them....even now.
Del. Richards, Fine Feather Tours, Mossman, NQ.
www.finefeathertours.com.au