birding-aus

RFI Bali

Subject: RFI Bali
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 06:23:39 +0000
Dear All

Anybody done any birding in Bali recently? I'm thinking of going there next year and am looking where to go.

It strikes me that we need somewhere to go in the highlands for mountain birds, and somewhere in the lowlands for lowland birds, coastal and cultivated land birds.

If someone could tell me of somewhere where we could centre ourselves quite near to birding hot-spots that would be ideal (I mean, it's easy to find out where the National Parks are, more difficult to find a place to stay nearby). What I really like is somehwere like a Gap Rest House (for those who know this nook in Malaysia), ie somewhere where you can walk directly from into birding habitat.

Please reply direct to me.

cheers

John L

John Leonard (Dr)