birding-aus

migrants

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: migrants
From: "Keith Brandwood" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:34:56 +1000
Gday all, Sharp-tailed Sandpipers returned to the Hawkesbury last Tuesday there are a few at Fernleigh's Lagoon and a few at McGraths Hill seen from the road of course as we are still not allowed access.
Just to let you know how the lagoons are fairing this year
Pitt Town as some water but observing is difficult as dead reeds from last year are still covering most of the lagoon.Bushells is dry except for a small amount in the eastern end.
Long-neck as a good amount of water and could be the spot this year.
Bakers is dry, Fernleigh's is good and should get waders.
Broadwater is dry with a small amount in Little Weeny Lagoon.
If we don't get substantial rain in the next week and some run off these lagoons will all be dry within the next month.
It looks as though we will be travelling up to Newcastle to see waders this year.