birding-aus

Environmetalism & the Internet

To: <>
Subject: Environmetalism & the Internet
From: "Naiche Hicks" <>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:55:21 +1000
Hello there,
My name is Naiche Hicks. As part of my interest in the changing nature of the environmetal movement, I'm currently undertaking a study of the impact of internet communications and resources on the environmetal movement. This is part of a post-grad honours thesis in sociology which I'm working on at the University of Tasmania.

The study aims to examine the subjective understanding of the internet by environmentalists and anyone using it as a resource for gaining information about such issues, as well as exploring how environmentalists understand their online interaction with other like-minded individuals.

If anyone is interested in partaking in a half hour interveiw (over the phone, face to face or via e-mail)on this topic, please drop me an e-mail, so that I can reply with an information sheet and schedule the interveiw (as well as reply to any questions).

Cheers,
Naiche Hicks
School of Sociology, Social Work and Tourism,
University of Tasmania.