birding-aus

Mt Canobolas, Orange

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Mt Canobolas, Orange
From: "Stephen Gross" <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:18:32 +1000
Today at the beginning of the Federal Falls loop at Mt Canobolas, Orange
there were three Red Browed Treecreepers. Two more Red Browed Treecreepers
were located above the Federal Falls itself. Brown Thornbills, Crimson
Rosellas and Sulpher Crested Cockatoos made up the majority of others birds
that I saw. I also found five Swamp wallabies around the track, including
one with a joey peering out from the pouch. The cold weather probably kept
the bird numbers down as it usually does in Orange. Still, being able to
walk the track with its light dusting of icy snow made for a great birdy
walk, if at times a slippery one.

Regards Steve Gross
Orange NSW