birding-aus

Bribie Island delights

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Bribie Island delights
From: "Trevor Ford" <>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 19:39:14 +1000
Hello birdlovers and twitcheroos,

We Bribie birdspotters have been having a super time during the past couple
of months. Just take a look at the Birds Queensland web site - "Little
Curlew (a daft name for Little Whimbrel) at Buckley's Hole, Great-billed
Heron over the Esplanade and Grey Falcon at Buckley's Hole". It's been so
exciting and my phone has been red-hot with calls coming in to ask what I
think. There have also been recent reports of Baird's Sandpiper and Ruff at
Buckley's Hole. Gosh!  And there has been a sighting, by a jolly reliable
observer, of Elvis Presley on the sand spit. Apparently the identification
was confirmed by 'What Rock 'n' Roll Star is that?' The hairstyle clinched
it - couldn't have been anyone else. Although I think this sighting is the
most likely of all the claims, I have a gut feeling that Elvis Parsley, our
local greengrocer and crooner from Woodford, is responsible.

In the unlikely event anyone wishes to reply, please do not do so to the
above address as it is for outgoing email only.

And good spotting - the rarer the better!

Cheers - Trevor Ford.