birding-aus

For Blue Mountains residents

To: <>
Subject: For Blue Mountains residents
From: "Michael Whitehead" <>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 10:26:35 +1000

Hi all,

        A little off topic but it seems there quite a few active birding list members who live in the Blue Mountains, NSW. If you live in the Blue Mountains area or go there often you may be able to help me.

            I am currently undertaking an honours project examining the population genetics of the native tree Elaeocarpus reticulatus or Blueberry Ash. I need to sample from at least two populations in or around the Blue Mountains area, preferably on similar latitudes to Sydney.

I have a number of leads but I was wondering if anyone with a little bit of native plant knowledge from the area might be able to tip me off as to where I might find a good, natural population of these guys. If you’ve seen them around in any sort of numbers I’d very much appreciate hearing from you so I can get some more locations to choose from.

            Thanks in advance for any help and happy birding.

               Mike.