birding-aus

Migrants

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Migrants
From: "Mike" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:21:44 +1000
Dear Birding OZies

A number of people have mentioned the possible departure of  "their" migrants
so It might be interesting to such people and others to know that the first
Channel-billed Cuckoo I have heard passed over our campus 14 mile out of Port
Moresby last Wednesday and that the first Sacred kingfisher to be seen on
campus was seen on Sunday and again today.

Remember I reported that only one fledling (Bird of the year) Sacred kingfisher
made it to campus last year so we are hoping for a few more replacements this
year.  We normally have quite a few arrivals, but last year apepared to be a
tough one for sacred in Eastern Australia..

Cheers

Mike

Prof Mike Tarburton
Dean: School of Science and Technology